Name: Mona Nocturna
Occupation: Doll Maker; High Priestess of the sacred crypt of Hecate; Executioner
Affiliation: PREDATORS; Freshbloods; Royalguard
Personality: Charming, friendly, responsible, adventurous, cool-headed, calculating
Likes: The night sky, her job as High Priestess, making dolls and putting souls inside of them, scary movies, bird watching (hobby), reading, comedic humor
Dislikes: The Daeva Monarchs, failing to stop souls from become Daeva, people destroying her dolls, people disrespecting the dead, bad jokes, having the castle raided for the Book of the Dead, rodents (hates them with a passion)
Residence: Nachtwache Schloss (Nightwatch Castle)
Tattoo Location: Forehead, torso (stomach to lower back), and tongue (Pledge Tattoo)
Blood Glyph Color: Blue (torso); Moonlight Blue (forehead); White (Pledge Tattoo)
Martial Art: Karatedo
Cyan; Silver (when using tattoos); Glowing white (when using Pledge Tattoo) Hair:
Shoulder length black hair
- Civilian Attire: Wears a black tank top, jeans and boots; white rose choker
- Combat Attire: Wears a black overbust corset, with a short, long sleeved, dark blue shrug, black pants and knee high heels; also wears a short navy blue hooded cape
Mona is a powerful mystic and an Executioner known has the Horsewoman of Death. Born with the Soul and Calcium Blood Magics, Mona attracted the interest of the Daemon of Souls, Hecate and was brought into her realm of existence called the Lunar Limbo. This realm was a dream constructed by the Daemon for the purpose of allowing the soul and consciousness of mankind to either sleep or suffer for an eternity. Hecate believed that Mona's ability to manipulate souls was perfect for the job of a psychopomp and considered giving her the title of oracle through a test. Mona battled Hecate and survived the encounter, allowing the Daemon to make the final decision of giving her a sample of her blood for consumption, which formed a tattoo on her tongue. With this tattoo, Mona was granted access to Hecate's divine power and officially became an oracle.
Mona was an orphan because of the war and was left in the care of multiple families, due to her magic making her not liked by her families, until she reached Ironwood City. She met a human boy that was often bullied for his desire to be an Executioner, but nonetheless trained hard everyday to be ready. Curious about the boy named Accel, Mona became his friend and started learning how to not rely on magic, but physical skills.
When Mona left to be an Executioner and returned years later as the oracle, she and Accel joined the PREDATORS to kill the Daemons and free humanity from their madness.
Trick Weapon (Lunar Blade): Primary weapon made from Prana, soul energy, and steel; A staff and sword. The sword itself has two forms: a broadsword and a curved sword. The broadsword form is used for heavy damage and defense. The curved sword form is used for quick light slash attacks. The staff can absorb energy and use it to power Mona and can combine with the sword to form a scythe. The scythe combines the speed, maneuverability and power and provides an extended reach to the weapon. Due to the weapon being made with soul energy, Mona's Prana, and Accel's Joy Hammer, the weapon siphons the soul energy of anyone that isn't Mona or Accel and can fly into the hand of either of the two.
Sarcophagus: A special coffin created by Accel specifically for the purpose of summoning her Executioners from the Crypt. Coffin contains the souls of the Executioners, allowing their souls to return the coffin in case the body is destroyed; transforms any random corpse into the Executioner's body, allowing them to be resurrected
Grave Master: Uses the tattoo on her torso in order to manipulate calcium and create Bone Magic
- Bone Shot- Can fire her the bones in her fingertips as bullets; regenerates them after they're shot
- Bone Drill- Can use the calcium in the ground to form a drill made from bones.
- Claws- Grows bone claws from her knuckles
- Bone Spike- Can produce large spikes of bones from the ground to impale her enemies
- Bone Shower- Summons several spears of bones from the ground and fires them with a simple hand gesture.
- Bone Flight- Can fly by wrapping her wrists, shoulders, and ankles in bones and making them float
- Density: Can make her skeleton more durable. Passive ability.
- Regeneration- Uses calcium ions to heal skin through the vitalization of the epidermal layer leading to skin regeneration. Can also repair bones and nerves and stimulate blood clotting in order to stop bleeding from a wound.
- Calcium Absorption: Can absorb the calcium in the ground. Replenishes lost calcium and accelerates regeneration.
Dead Master: Uses the tattoo on her face in order to use Soul Magic
- Astral Speed- partially project her soul and move it to a different place with her physical body following in almost an instant. This acts to give her speed in short bursts (or long term use for long distance travel), and allows her to go anywhere her soul can get to, regardless of whether her body (under normal conditions) could or not (e.g., on top of the Day Breaker Castle or even the afterlife).
- Soul Sense- Can sense the souls of both the living and the dead, giving her a form of focused awareness; Can also gauge the power of someone by reading their soul.
- Soul Absorption- Can absorb the souls of others by grabbing them. For the living, she can only absorb a portion of their soul, leaving them in a weakened state. For the dead, she can fully consume their souls. This allows her to restore herself to top form, enhance her own magic, use the magic power of the soul for a short time, obtain the knowledge of the soul, etc.
- Soul Force: After absorbing the soul of someone, she can sense that soul no matter where it is and pull it towards her. The more the force pulls on the soul, the weaker the soul’s host, making it feel like their body is getting crushed by gravity.
- Zombie Creation- Can manipulate souls to create hordes of zombies; can mentally communicate with them; zombies don't have the physical human limitations, so their muscle strength is always at 100%.
- Soul Hazard- Energizes a soul in order to explode when in contact with a target; Can send a soul to possess a target in order to control them remotely for a few seconds.
- Executioner Summoning- After killing a warrior she deems unique and preserving their body in the crypt underneath the castle, she can summon these gladiators to fight for her. Unlike the normal zombie, these gladiators retain their powers and skills from when they were alive; gladiators may serve Mona unconditionally, but they are conscious enough to make their own decisions. She currently holds 19 different warriors but can only summon four executioners.
- Mystic Arts- Can perform mystical feats such as levitation, walking on water, etc.
Ascension: Uses the Pledge Tattoo on her tongue to enter her Ascension (Priestess) Mode. Grows black dog ears and a tail; Full power of her tattoos unleashed, increasing the strength of any single power she had, while also restoring herself to her top condition; Allows her to release her ultimate attacks
- Soul Scythe- A bone scythe with a blade made of soul energy that extracts the souls of its victims; upgraded version of the soul absorption, allowing her to fully consume living souls.
- Hollow Turret- Creates large skulls (3x) from the ground an infuses them with soul energy in order to bring them to life and have them serve her. Extremely durable; Fire powerful beams of soul energy
- Soul Reaper Calvary- Creates an army of skeletal soldiers and horses that rise from the ground and imbues them with large amounts of soul energy, creating an army of reapers; Reapers are armed with soul scythes that extract the souls of their victims in order to make themselves stronger.
- Wrath of the Styx- Creates a portal that summons large arms that pulls a target into the portal, where they’re dragged into the River of Styx, have their soul ripped from their body, and repeatedly have the soul ripped apart for an eternity after the body decays.
- Penance Stare- Once she locks eyes with someone, she can instantly peer into their soul. The effect of the Penance Stare is randomized between inducing a fear so great that it causes rapid aging and turns the victim into a vegetable or inflicting a pain so great on a spiritual and physical level that it causes death.
- Horsemen Summoning- After summoning the Sarcophagus of her Executioners, she can imbue the coffins with souls filled with the sins of Pride, Wrath, Gluttony, and Greed.
These executioners become known as the Four Horsemen:
The Dominating Light of Pride: The Horseman of Conquest
- Capabilities: Can summon swords made of light; create arrows that light things on fire; can create halos of light that can make others fight for it.
The Boiling Blood of Wrath: The Horseman of War
- Capabilities: Can learn the techniques of others by absorbing blood and use blood magic to induce rage onto others and manipulate the absorbed blood.
The Leech of Gluttony: The Horseman of Famine
- Capabilities: Can drain the stamina of the enemy through physical contact, weakening the enemy. Against magic users, it drains the mana from attacks, nullifying them; Releases the stored energy as a massive explosion of energy.
The Hive of Greed: The Horseman of Pestilence
- Capabilities: Can form and manipulate parasitic insects that can kill targets and mutate their bodies as stronger monsters of varying types; Can create poisonous insects to swarm enemies.
Pledge Tattoo only activates when given permission to activate by Hecate herself.
Ascension makes Mona's other tattoos unavailable for a full day.
While in Priestess Mode, she can only perform one of her Ascension attacks before all of her Prana is exhausted.
Pledge Tattoo's effects lasts for 6 minutes
Hollow skeleton can make her bones easier to break
Mystic Arts weaken or cancel out completely the more she is injured
Summoned Executioners can die like normal humans
Although they have a close bond with Mona, they can act rebellious to Mona's will at times and will retreat back into their coffins if they deem a situation impossible to overcome
Spawning zombies weaken Mona and she will refuse to use her magic while they’re on the field, resorting to hand to hand and soul absorption
Zombies can be easily defeated with a shot through the head
Soul absorption works through physical contact
Soul Force cancels when attacked and she cannot use other abilities when using it
Soul hazard’s possession can be fought off with enough will power and energized souls have a poor turning radius, so they only go straight
With every shot of Soul Hazard, she is unable to summon one zombie